Monday, November 5, 2012

Hello and welcome to my newest blog.


I've had a few blog attempts in my past.  I'm attempting again because my big sister said, "Do it! Do it! Do it!"  She's so bossy.  Maybe this one will stick.

Here's something that is on my mind right now - it's almost Thanksgiving.  So that means it is time to make an especially purposeful effort to be thankful.  It is my opinion that I, and everyone, should always be thankful.  I certainly enjoy many, many blessings from day to day.  However, I am human, after all.  I do have a tendency to forget, or at least not notice, things for which I ought to feel gratitude.  Because of that, I do think it is more than appropriate to have a time of year set aside for the purpose of remembering and celebrating all of those blessings, large and small, that make life so very worth living.

So when November did roll around, I noticed many of my FB friends, including my big sister, posting things for which they were grateful.  I figured it was because of Thanksgiving at the end of the month (I'm smart like that).  I thought it was a good idea and decided to join in.  I've dubbed this month "The Month of Gratitude" (I'm so creative!).  To take it a step further, I've decided that instead of just naming something I'm grateful for every day, I'm going to identify something I usually gripe about and find a way to be grateful for it.  The next few posts will catch you up.

Food for thought: 
". . . to express gratitude is gracious and honorable, to enact gratitude is generous and noble, but to live with gratitude ever in our hearts is to touch heaven."    -President Thomas S. Monson
P.S. Yes, this was once an attempt at sort of a craft blog.  It proved to be a bit beyond me.  If you're still on my list of followers from that short journey, feel free to stay for something new.  There may still be some crafting involved.  You never can tell!


No comments:

Post a Comment